The Go-Everywhere Audio Interface
The U-22 is the essential mobile recording and performance interface, with an innovative 2-in/2-out ultra-portable design that makes it easy to connect to a laptop or an iPhone/iPad and create great-sounding audio anywhere.
The interface features a high-performance, low-noise mic preamp so you can record vocals, instruments, and more with pristine sound quality—at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The U-22 delivers the same excellent sound as our U-44 and U-24, with an even more compact form factor.
Innovative Handy Design
The U-22 can be bus-powered via USB and its compact form factor is perfect for use with a laptop or iPhone/iPad*. The innovative design provides quick access to connectors, knobs, and controls for effortless setup and operation.
Pristine Recording and Playback
The U-22 features a single high-performance, low-noise mic preamp—the same as our acclaimed H6 Handy Recorders—with less than -120 dBu EIN, as well as recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
For zero-latency recording and mixing, the U-22’s direct monitoring switch allows you to hear your signal before it passes through the computer. Separate RCA output jacks and an independent headphone output provide multiple options for monitoring.
- Stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPhone/iPad
- Connect to iPhone/iPad with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter (sold separately), plus 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power
- XLR/TRS input with high-performance mic preamp
- High-quality recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Approximately 5 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Includes download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite
- Hi-Z support
- Zero-latency direct monitoring
- Dedicated RCA L/R and headphone outputs
- Gain control knob for Mic/Hi-Z input
- +48V phantom power
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
Here's what comes with the ZOOM U-22 Handy Audio Interface:
- Operation manual
- USB Cable
- Ableton Live 9 Lite software download code
XLR/TRS combo jack (XLR: 1 hot, TRS: TIP hot)
0 – 43 dB
2.6 k Ω (MIC) 484 k Ω (Hi-Z)
Maximum input level:
-0.8 dBu (MIC) /+8.7 dBu (Hi-Z)
ANALOG IN: LINE IN
Stereo mini jack
Maximum input level:
ANALOG OUT: OUTPUT L/R
Maximum output level:
-0.8 dBu (at 0 dBFS) (into 10 kΩ load)
ANALOG OUT: PHONES
Standard stereo phone jack 10 mW x 2 (into 32 Ω load)
At 44.1 kHz: ±1.5dB: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
At 96 kHz: ±2 dB: 20 Hz - 40 kHz
Input conversion noise:
Measured EIN: -120 dB or less (IHF-A)
at 43 dB, 150 Ω input
Number of audio recording and playback channels:
Recording: 2 channels
Playback: 2 channels
96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
USB bus power (Type B)
Zoom AD-17 (Micro-B)
DC 5V power supply (Micro-B)
2 AA batteries (About 5 hours continuous operation with phantom power off)
119.2 mm (D) x 91.8 mm (W) x 44.6 mm (H)
Weight (main unit only):
U-22 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS： Windows® 7 SP1 or later / 8.1 / 10 (32bit/64bit)
CPU: Intel® Core i3 or faster*
USB: USB 3.0/USB 2.0**
* Operation is not guaranteed with CPUs from Atom, Celeron or Pentium series or CPUs made by AMD.
** Only USB host controllers with Intel Chipsets are supported. Operation is not guaranteed when used with USB hubs or expansion cards.
OS： Mac® OS X 10.9.5 or later / 10.10 / 10.11 / 10.12 / 10.13 / 10.14
CPU: Intel® Core i3 or faster
USB: USB 3.0/USB 2.0*
* Operation is not guaranteed when used with USB hubs or expansion cards.
iPhone / iPad: :
OS： iOS 7.1 or later
* Requires 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power, plus an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter.